Tennis

I’ve Never Felt More Insulted – Kyrgios

Nick Kyrgios is once again making waves on social media after a rant at people comparing him to fellow Australian Bernard Tomic.

The 26-year-old has been a controversial figure on social media throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, and he wasn’t shy in airing his views once more after the perceived slight.

“I got compared with Bernard Tomic today and I’ve never felt more insulted,” Kyrgios wrote.

“Does he have a foundation? Does he have the accomplishments? Did he raise money for the bushfires? It’s disgusting, man.

“Do your research. Oh and by accomplishments I mean beating the big 4 [in reference to wins over Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal, Andy Murray and Novak Djokovic].”

In more tennis-related news, Kyrgios has confirmed that he will compete in the ATP Mallorca Championships at the Calvia Country Club from June 19-26.

Kyrgios’ presence was revealed in a video presentation that featured – among others – Toni Nadal and tournament director Edwin Weindorfer.

Nadal discussed the importance of welcoming a talent like Kyrgios to the event.

“He is well-known all around the world, and he guarantees a spectacle,” he said.

“Let’s hope he meets [Mallorcan] Jaume [Munar] in the final.”

Spaniards Feliciano Lopez and Fernando Verdasco have also confirmed their participation in the event, with negotiations ongoing to bring in players of other nationalities.

In response to a question if Rafa Nadal would play at the event, Toni was evasive.

“You’ll have to ask Carlos Moya [his coach],” he said.

The event had been due to be held in 2020, but it will finally get underway this year under strict COVID-19 precautions.

The tournament will be played on grass, with a maximum of 1,500 fans allowed in.

It will be a big boost to the island, with the economic impact estimated to be worth around 24 million euros.

Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button
error: Content is protected !!